Decisions is a fast-growing, private-equity backed technology company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. The Company is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies and SMBs around the world including LEGO, Pfizer, Rite Aid, Staples, and American Express. By using Decisions’ no-code BPM platform, customers across industry verticals are empowered with the ability to rapidly automate and transform their business processes, improve operational efficiency, and drive company results, regardless of technical skillset.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good problem-solving abilities for the position of Cloud Ops Administrator. This position is responsible for supporting hosted
customers and be responsible, at varying levels, for software installations and configuration, continuous systems analysis, technical customer support, systems administration, and database administration for the SaaS server technologies used in the hosted environment. Work includes installation and configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of application servers to meet user needs and maximize system performance, availability, and security of all hosted systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform daily system administration tasks to verify that all systems are up and running
- Installation and configuration of software in virtualized environments to ensure high availability
- Monitor and troubleshoot application issues to ensure high availability, optimal performance, and system responsiveness
- Execute any SDLC tasks including requirements definition, design, development, peer review, testing, documentation, release, deployment, operations, maintenance
- Perform root cause analysis for production issues where the root cause is in infrastructure, environment, configuration, or deployment routines; understand when to escalate to product development teams; remediate root causes and implement preventative actions
- Consult with client stakeholders on strategies for deployment of new cloud technology implementations, monitoring and optimization of existing equipment
- Delivery end-to-end infrastructure management solutions in a cloud environment
- Improving infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, cloud coding, and scripting best practices
- Automate infrastructure migration to cloud environments
- Implement cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
- Participate in after-hours maintenance when necessary, respond to emergencies, participate in customer calls when called upon in support of initiatives and incident response
Skills You’ll Need:
- This is an entry-level position; the ideal person needs to be motivated and willing to learn.
- At least 2 years of experience with server virtualization
- At least 2 years of experience with any of the following technologies: AWS, VMWare, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Cyber-security best practices, anti-virus, and anti-malware systems and tools
- Multi-tasking between support requests, frequently re-prioritizing requests as the volume of tasks fluctuate
- Extensive Windows 10 operating system knowledge including user-profiles and policies
- Asset management including laptop imaging, data backups, remote management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN, and general network troubleshooting practices, networks, and cloud computing
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently prioritizes responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure with a strong problem-solving aptitude
- Work requires the ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT, or relevant field preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $40,000 – $55,000
Location: Chesapeake, VA (temporarily remote due to COVID-19 – no remote options available outside of Chesapeake, VA)
Travel Required: Occasional travel – Travel may be required based on operational needs.
Please include a resume along with a brief paragraph describing why you are interested in this job.
Decisions offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program, and annual bonuses.
It is the policy of Decisions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.