Decisions is a fast-growing, private equity backed software company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. The Company is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies across the globe including LEGO, Pfizer, Rite Aid, Staples, and American Express. By using Decisions’ no-code platform, customers across industry verticals are empowered with the ability to rapidly automate and transform their business processes, improve operational efficiency and drive company results, regardless of technical skill set.
The Senior Accountant will report to the to the Controller, this individual will have a substantial voice within the company, interacting daily with the management team, working cross functionally to drive financial change for Decisions. The role calls for self-motivated “hands on” individual who can thrive in a performance-based culture and who has the drive, work ethic & energy to help build out an operational finance & reporting infrastructure from scratch.
- Provide core finance activities, including cash management and treasury, revenue recognition, bank reconciliations, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable and month end closing.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of monthly consolidated financial statements and performance reports.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis for variances and trends pre-close and post-close.
- Assist with budget compilation and presentation.
- Assist with the preparation of all year-end audited financial statements and related schedules and reports.
- Support preparation of Committee, Board, and other related presentations for Senior Management.
- Participate in the analysis, research, and summarizing of new and proposed accounting, reporting, and disclosure standards issued by the GASB, FASB, and any other applicable governing body, and assist in the assessment of the impact of adoption.
- Assist in reviewing processes for improvement and automation.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis on varying aspects of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field that provides equivalent background.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, and Outlook) at an intermediate level or above.
- Demonstrated experience researching general ledger or subsidiary ledger detail and forming assessments/conclusions about that data in a corporate accounting environment.
- Ability to define report requirements and work with report writing support staff and tools to develop, enhance, and maintain new reports.
- Clear and correct demonstrated verbal and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Have sufficient organizational skills to prioritize work and report on progress.
- 2-5 years of experience in a corporate accounting environment where analysis of account detail and reporting was required.
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from financial, strategic, brand, and operational perspectives.
- Aptitude for translating corporate objectives into actionable tasks and workplan for complex and/or minimally designed problems.
- Self-starter mentality; will take a hands-on approach that garners the respect of the team.
- Smart, dynamic, aggressive and strategic – a doer and a thinker.
- Does not need large team or staff to execute objectives.
- Keen business judgment, focus, ability to see the “big picture” and to prioritize.
- High integrity, respect and honesty – a true team player.
- Headquarters: Chesapeake, VA
- CPA license or candidacy.
- 3-5+ years of experience with GAAP accounting.
- Public accounting/audit experience (internal or external).
- Report writing using a financial reporting tool.