Decisions is a fast-growing, private-equity backed software company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. The Company is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies across the globe including LEGO, Pfizer, Rite Aid, Staples, and American Express. By using Decisions’ no-code platform, customers across industry verticals are empowered with the ability to rapidly automate and transform their business processes, improve operational efficiency and drive company results, regardless of technical skill set.
The Director of Business Development & Strategy will be responsible for the overall direction and management of all Business Development, Partnering and Corporate Finance activities, including M&A and Joint Ventures. The Director’s main objectives are to identify and manage partnerships, support the executive team with strategic projects & operational analysis, and quarterback key growth initiatives. They may also pursue and expand relationships with firms in the enterprise software industry.
Reporting to the CEO, this individual will have a substantial voice within the company, interacting daily with the executive team, working cross-functionally to develop a tactical business & corporate development roadmap and helping set overall organizational strategies. The Director of Business Development & Strategy will be a hands-on and commercially savvy executive with a track record of identifying and negotiating win-win deals. The role calls for an executive who can thrive in a fast-moving, results and performance-based culture.
This individual must be hands-on and have experience driving and undertaking financial analysis, forecasting, competitive intelligence, market research, business intelligence, budgeting, new market development, and business development activities. The ideal candidate already has relationships established in the enterprise software industry and they possess the ability to lead and execute the company’s strategy and coordinate major growth initiatives.
- Establish, implement and manage key relationships (internally & externally) to ensure mutually beneficial execution of our partnerships.
- Build a pipeline of partnership, acquisition and international growth opportunities through contacts, networking and/or successful cold-calling.
- Combine knowledge of the business with advanced scenario modeling and data analysis, to guide strategic decision-making on deal structuring, sales & marketing resource allocation, operating activities, and new product initiatives.
- Occasionally support major account sales teams with tailored client development proposals.
- Contribute & coordinate cross-functional project deliverables, with ability to “quarterback” major initiatives in areas such as pricing, sales operations, etc.
- Help develop effective channel messaging that is consistent with our core value proposition to enhance customer acquisition.
- Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of annual operating plan and budget.
- Work closely with product, marketing, customer experience, and sales teams to identify potential partners to enhance distribution.
- Expertise in understanding market dynamics to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities & guide strategic direction.
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects with ability to create succinct & concise high-quality deliverables.
- Track record of sourcing, negotiating and closing deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners.
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from financial, strategic, brand, and operational perspectives.
- Aptitude for translating corporate objectives into actionable tasks and workplan for complex and/or minimally designed problems.
- Self-starter mentality; will take a hands-on approach that garners the respect of the team.
- Smart, dynamic, aggressive and strategic – a doer and a thinker.
- Does not need large team or staff to execute objectives.
- Ability to instill confidence in a customer – articulate, credible and customer-focused.
- Keen business judgment, focus, ability to see the “big picture” and to prioritize.
- High integrity, respect and honesty – a true team player.
- Ideally located in, or willing to relocate to, the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Willing to consider exceptional candidates located in other geographies.
- Competitive cash compensation and attractive equity package.
- Attractive career path for highly motivated individual to progress to senior management positions.
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in finance, operations or consulting.
- A solid understanding of the technology landscape and strong interest in the Enterprise software sector.
- Recent experience in the software industry considered a plus, although not necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.