Decisions is a fast-growing, private-equity backed software company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. The Company is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies across industries and geographies, but also serves myriad mid size companies across the globe. We have a focus in financial services and healthcare but also work in many other industries.
The Senior Software Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop software team. The Senior Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing programs. Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
- Architect, develop and implement software programs to meet business requirements.
- Develop application code and modules for business and technical requirements.
- Tune up design for maintainability, scalability and efficiency.
- Develop and implement programs, designs and codes.
- Design and develop systems, sub-systems and programs.
- Coordinate and support technical staff, operations and vendors.
- Interact with clients to determine their requirements and needs.
- Resolve and troubleshoot problems and complex issues.
- Perform unit tests and fix bugs.
- Integrate best qualitative practices in design and development aspects of programs.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Engineer.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management.
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work individually and collectively in a team
- Exceptional time management skills, with strict adherence to deadlines.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related degree.