Decisions is a fast-growing, private-equity backed technology company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. The Company is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies and SMBs around the world including LEGO, Pfizer, Rite Aid, Staples, and American Express. By using Decisions’ no-code BPM platform, customers across industry verticals are empowered with the ability to rapidly automate and transform their business processes, improve operational efficiency, and drive company results, regardless of technical skillset.
We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving abilities for the position of Software Developer. The Software Developer will assist in creating information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions. The Software Developer will work alongside a team of developers responsible for building new and supporting existing programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with product management, fellow developers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Develop and maintain applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems
- Enhance staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Identify requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, or math and 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of workflow technology and process automation methods and best practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage workload effectively with conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Ability to meet firm deadlines is imperative and essential
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Chesapeake, VA (temporarily remote due to COVID-19 – no remote options available outside of Chesapeake, VA)
Travel Required: Occasional travel – Travel may be required based on operational needs.
Please include a resume along with a brief paragraph describing why you are interested in this job.
Decisions offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program, and annual bonuses.
It is the policy of Decisions to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.