The Quality Assurance Team is responsible for managing the testing strategy, processes and resources for the Decisions platform. This role works closely with system architects, developers and professional services analysts to identify core issues and prioritize fixes for releases in a tight schedule.
The QA team offers solutions to streamline internal process and works to continuously improve the quality of the product through automated and manual testing efforts. The successful candidate will combine technical and effective communication skills to drive quality in the product throughout the organization.
- Work on a team of onshore and offshore testing resources that perform both automated and manual tests.
- Identifies and implements strategies to test the platform effectively in tight timelines across multiple platform versions.
- Communicate with leadership, developers, testers and professional services regarding platform issues.
- Creates reports and tracking for release readiness and testing results for leadership.- Understands the technical intricacies of enterprise integrations and communicates plans and solutions for testing these scenarios effectively.
- Provides examples and training for testing resources on platform features.
- Anticipates problems and provides recommendations for solutions.
- Performs testing and other work as assigned.
- Understanding of databases, enterprise systems, and web applications.
- Understanding of software industry best practices in Software Quality Assurance as well as the Software Development Life Cycle using Agile and other lean methodologies.
- .net, HTML and other programming skills could be helpful.
- Ability to analyze information from disparate sources in order to produce plans.
- Has the flexibility to meet changing organizational focus and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Desire for excellence in user experience and for producing quality software for end users.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to an on and off-shore audience.
- Enjoys being a software detective
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: QA SOFTWARE TESTING: 1 year