STATUS: Full-time permanent
REPORTS TO: Chief Technical Officer
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with developers, UX designers, and copywriters. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. As well as, be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters, and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.).
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
3+ years of hands-on experience collecting, researching, investigating and evaluating user requirements using various methods and latest technology. Familiar with consumer marketing research and skilled at content development experience including but not limited to:
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Understanding of human behavior as the UI Designer works to determine how consumers will interact with technology in whatever form it takes: an app, a website, a car or even a television.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, design process under minimal supervision.
- A logical thought process with the ability to see the big picture.
Technical Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of design, or equivalent applicable work experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. The position may require travel.